plazo: 23 diciembre 2010
tipo de trabajo: pasantía no remunerada
donde: Washington, DC
The Clinton Bush Haiti Fund (CBHF) seeks a highly motivated, independent, college or post-graduate student, or recent student, to serve as a Spring Semester Communications Intern. The intern will work closely with key staff on a variety of tasks, including program development, communications, and social media.
On an ongoing basis, the CBHF Marketing and Communications Intern will assist senior staff in communicating the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund’s message through a broad range of media. S/he will:
• Research, produce, and help upload web content, press releases, fact sheets, FAQs and backgrounders.
• Develop talking points and briefing documents.
• Assist staff in marketing promotions to increase giving.
• Manage a communications recipients’ database.
• Use social media such as Facebook and Twitter to communicate CBHF’s message to a diverse audience.
• Manage a general inquiries email inbox; compose letters and emails.
• Attend and take notes during relevant meetings.
• Provide research and administrative support to CBHF staff members as needed.
• Availability to work at CBHF’s Washington, DC office approximately 20-25 hours per week beginning mid to late January 2011 through May 2011.
• At least third-year undergraduate status at an accredited college or university. Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.3 and be majoring in communications or a related field.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Experience using social media such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter for public relations and marketing outreach.
• An understanding of, and experience with, issues of international development.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive work environment that requires strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with fellow staff at CBHF and with external organizations.
• Work experience in an NGO or foundation focused on international development preferred.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office programs; knowledge of html preferred.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 page writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vía | idealist.org