Gotham in Progress is an industry event presenting U.S. indie films in post-production to European buyers in order to foster the circulation and distribution of American films marked by the stamp of singularity and independence in Europe.
Gotham in Progress 2011 will screen on November 17-19 2011 in Wroclaw/Poland 5 films at rough cut stage to around 25 top European buyers (screenings behind closed doors only opened to accredited professionals). Among them : Le Pacte (France), Artificial Eye (UK), Celluloid Dreams (France), Prokino (Germany), Scanbox (Scandinavia), Haut et Court (France), Indie Circle (France, Italie, Belgium, Switzerland), Lumière (Belgium), Gutek (Poland), Arthaus (Norway)…. These screenings are not considered as world premieres because they’re part of a professional event.
The filmmakers of the selected works will be invited to Wroclaw to present their movie (travel & accommodation expenses covered by Gotham in Progress).
A jury will award one of the movies which will get free subtitling by Belgian post-production facility Studio L’Equipe and a free digital master (DCP) by Belgian Lab XDC (around 10 000€ in kind). Other services (sound services, opening and closing credits services…) are in negotiation.
The application requirements for the films are the following:
• Narrative only (no documentaries)
• Expected duration minimum 60 minutes (feature length)
• At least one production company needs to be U.S.-based.
• Films looking for completion money, sales agent or European distribution.
• At least 30 min of the film edited and to reach feature format by November 1st (rough cuts)
• Only one film in post-production per Production Company can be submitted.
For more information :
Ula Śniegowska, Programming
Email: ula AT snh.org.pl
American Film Festival
Black Rabbit Film
Email: adeline AT blackrabbitfilm.com
Tel: +33 6 07 65 70 40 / +1 646 422 9348
Skype : adeline.monzier